REPLACEMENT OF THE RADIATOR CORE SUPPORT
26-1. Replace Radiator Core Support.
(3) Remove both headlight cowlings.
(4) Remove the grille and both headlights.
The radiator core support is attached with "U"
nuts, screws, and nuts. The splash shield is mounted with
(5) Disconnect the battery tray from the radiator-
screws on the imer side of the sheet metal.
grille support panel. Refer to TM 9-2320-266-20.
(6) Remove the horn.
(7) Remove the screws attaching the right fender to
the right wheelhouse. Then swing the right fender panel
out, pivoting it at the cowl, far enough to disengage it from
the radiator core support.
Be careful nct to damage the fender or cowl
(8) Remove the radiator core support panel.
(1) Install six "U" nuts on the lower flange of the
radiator core support. install the support.
(2) Secure the right fender to the wheelhouse and
the radiator core support. Tighten the screws.
(3) Install the horn.
(4) Install and refill the radiator.
(5) Attach the battery tray to the radiator core
Figure 26-1. Radiator Core Support and Splash Shield.
(6) Install and aim the headlights (paragraph 2-50).
(7) Install the grille and both headlight cowlings.
(1) Raise the hood and remove the battery,
(8) Install and reconnect the battery.
(2) Drain and remove the radiator.