Figure 25-11. Tail/Stop Light Assembly Locotions
(16) Drill two 3/16-inch diameter mounting holes
(15) Fasten grille by reinstalling screws removed
for each tail/stop light assembly.
in step (1).
The two 3/4-inch diameter holes will
Tail/stop light assemblies 12258212 are
mounted directly underneath existing tail-
lights on the M880/890 cargo trucks (fig-
(17) Drill two 3/4-inch diameter holes per taillight
ure 25-11). Mounting holes are located by
for light connector clearance.
measuring 7/8" down from the external
bend radius directly beneath the taillight.
This will establish the horizontrd line. Then
Vehicle taillights must be removed from
from the edge of fender next to tailgate,
measure outward one inch and three in-
M880/M890 cargo truck to gain access
ches. This will locate the two mounting
for blackout tail/stop light assembly
hole locations. Now measure in from the
center of each mounting hole 11/16".
This will locate the holes required for the
(18) Insert tail/stop light assembly mounting studs
and connectors through holes drilled in steps (16) and
Tail/stop light assemblies for the tele-
(19) Fasten tail/stop light assemblies to fender
phone maintenance truck will be mount-
sheet metal with two MS35649-282 hex nuts and two
ed on the back panel at a location cen-
tered between the top of the rear burn
(20) Connect connectors of tail/stop light assem-
per and the bottom of the existing tail-
lights and centered horizontally on the
(21) Reinstall vehicle taillights.
width of the back panel. Connection of
(22) Actuate all vehicle lighting controls and
lamp wires to main harness is made in-
blackout lighting kit lighting controls to make sure instal-
side the bottom rear utility compart-
lation functions properly.
(23) Touch up screw heads and other exposed
Tail/stop light assemblies for the ambu-
bare metal with recommended paint.
lance will be mounted directly above
the existing taillights on the bottom
steel cross member spanning the width
of the vehicle. Lights should be centered