(6) Lift the vacuum piston and step-up rods straight
(4) Remove the step-up piston cover plate and gasket
Figure 12-4. Removing or installing the Step-Up
Figure 12-2. Removing the Step-Up Piston Cover Plate.
(5) Remove the screws and locks from the accelerator
(7) Remove the vacuum hose from between tile car-
pump arm and the vacuum piston rod lifter. Then slide the
buretor main body find the choke vacuum diaphragm.
(8) Remove the choke diaphragm. linkage, and
bracket assembly and place it to one side to be cleaned as
a separate item.
(9) Remove the fast-idle cam retaining screw to
release the fast-idle cam and linkage. Remove these parts.
(10) Remove the air horn retaining screws and lift the
air horn straight up and away from the main body as shown
(11) Turn the air horn over and push the spring down
to remove the "S" link from the pump shaft. Remove the
(12) Remove the fuel inlet needle valve, the seat, and
the gasket from the main body.
Don't remove the idle orifice tubes or the
main vent tubes from the cluster. They can
be cleaned in a solvent and dried with com-
Figure 12-3. Removing or Installing the Accelerator