4-13. Transmission Throttle Linkage Adjustment.
a. Transmission Throttle Rod Adjustment for Single-
(4) Adjust the transmission rod at the carburator
by pushing forward on the retainer. Tighten the transmis-
sion rod adjustment locking screw to 100 in-lbs.
(1) Block choke valve in full open position. Open
throttle slightly to release fast idle cam, then release it.
(5) Check the linkage for freedom of operation by
moving the slotted link at the carburetor to the full
(2) Loosen transmission throttle rod adjustment
rearward position. Then, allow it to return slowly, making
sure that it returns to the full forward position.
(3) Have an assistant hold the transmission lever
(6) Unblock the choke.
forward, against its stops, while the adjustment is made.
(7) Visually check the adjustment by noting that
the transmission throttle rod begins to move simultaneously
with the carburetor linkage,
It is important that the transmission
lever remain firmly against the stop
during the next step to insure a correct
Figure 4-27.1. Single Section Transrmission Throttle Rod.