10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURES (Contd).
(7) Remove parking brake cable. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
(8) Remove parking brake heat shield. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280 -20.)
(9) Remove parking brake caliper. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
(10) Remove service brake calipers. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
(11) Slide locating pins and yokes from caliper assemblies. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20).
(12) Remove screw from clamp on C-beam and pull harness out of the way as shown in figure 1.
(13) Remove and discard locating pins from yokes. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
Z Apply sealing compound to threads of locating pins.
Z Lightly coat locating pins with silicone compound.
(14) Install four 12342339 locating pins on yokes as shown in figure 3. Tighten 60 lb-ft (81 Nm).
(15) Slide yokes onto 12342341 and 12342342 caliper assemblies as shown in figure 3.
(16) Remove four rivets and parking brake cable support bracket from C-beam as shown in
(17) Locate, mark, and drill two 0.578-inch diameter holes in C-beam as shown in figure 1. Remove
paint around holes on both sides of C-beam.
(18) Install harness on C-beam and secure with screw and clamp as shown in figure 1.
(19) Using 12341986 brake cable bracket as a template, locate, mark, and drill four 0.296-inch
diameter holes in support brackets as shown in figure 2.
b. INSTALLATION, REAR DUAL PARKING BRAKE PADS AND CALIPERS.
Make sure brake pads are installed with lining facing rotor.
(1) Position four 12342340 brake pads to rotors in adapters as shown in figure 3.
(2) Remove brake line adapter fittings from existing calipers and install on calipers with two
Apply sealing compound to threads of caliper mounting screws.
(3) Secure two yokes, already mounted on caliper assemblies, on adapters with four screws and
washers as shown in figure 3. Tighten 40 lb-fl (54 Nm).
(4) Connect brake lines to calipers as shown in figure 3.