STEERING COLUMN MAINTENANCE (Cont).
7. Install gearshift lever spring (26) into
gearshift lever housing.
8. Install housing and shroud assembly
(25) onto upper end of steering
Rotate housing and
shroud assembly to ensure that it is
9. With housing and shroud assembly
(25) in place, guide electrical
connector and ignition switch rod
assembly onto steering column (9)
with four screws (20).
Ensure that transmission gearshift housing
rack assembly is pulled downward.
is In P (Park) and rod and
Press lower bearing (27) into adapter assembly (31).
Insert shift tube assembly into lower end of steering column (9) and rotate until upper shift
tube key slides into keyway.