FUEL INJECTOR PUMP HYDRAULIC HEAD MAINTENANCE (Cont).
Never handle precision-ground surface of rotor (1 6), Failure to follow this
caution may result In damage to rotor,
2. Remove locating ring (12) and 2 retainers (14) from hydraulic head assembly (10). Invert
hydraulic head assembly and place on connectors (13).
3. Remove snapring (17) from rotor (1 6). Remove weight retainer (7) and weight retainer hub
(18) from cam ring (8), Remove cam ring from hydraulic head assembly (10).
4. Install roller testing fixture (20) in vise,
hose (22) to air inlet hole, and supply
ensuring that air inlet hole is not covered. Connect air
40-100 psi (276-690 kPa) of compressed air.
Ensure that rollers (19) and shoes (23) remain in their slots when installing
rotor (16) assembly In roller testing fixture (20).
5. Remove rotor (16) assembly from hydraulic head assembly (10). Install rotor assembly in
roller testing fixture (20) on air inlet side,
6. Check dimension between between rollers (19), Dimension should be 1.9765-1.9775 in.
(50.203-50.229 mm). Adjust leaf spring screw (21 ) to see if proper dimension can be
obtained. If proper dimension cannot be obtained, replace rollers and shoes (23). Disconnect
air hose (22) from air inlet hole.