FUEL INJECTOR PUMP SERVO ADVANCE PISTON REPLACEMENT (Cont).
DO NOT attempt to adjust or remove servo adjusting screw (4), Failure to
follow this caution may result in damage to fuel injector pump.
Ensure that hole in servo advance piston (11) faces head locating screw.
1. Instali servo advance piston (11), bore end first, into fuel injector pump housing (1).
2. nsert cam advance pin (8), ensuring that it engages in bore of cam ring.
3. Instail new plug seal (12) and piston side plug (13), Tighten piston side plug to 20 Ib.-ft.
4. Instaii new seal (1 6), with lip of seal toward inside of bore, in spring side plug (15).
5. Install servo advance valve (1 O) on helical spring (9). Install servo advance valve and helical
spring into servo advance piston (1 1 ) bore. Install new plug seal (14) and spring side plug
(15). Ensure that holes in servo advance valve are in line with holes in servo piston bore.
Tighten spring side plug to 20 Ib.-ft. (27 N.m).