3-33. ENGINE OIL PUMP MAINTENANCE (Cont).
3. Check shaft (15) for looseness in oil
pump body (14). If loose, replace
engine oil pump (4) as an assembly.
Check to see if gear teeth on shaft
are cracked or worn. If gear teeth are
cracked or worn, replace engine oil
pump as an assembly,
4. Inspect shaft (1). If worn, remove
retainer (6), and replace shaft and
5. Place oil pressure regulator valve
(11) in cover (10) to check for proper
fit. If oil pressure regulator valve
binds or fits loosely, replace.
1. Install 2 oil pump pins (2) in rear main
bearing cap if removed.
T A 5 0 7 10