3-33. ENGINE OIL PUMP MAINTENANCE (Cont).
3. Remove oil pump screen (8) from
cover (10) if damaged.
4. Remove 2 oil pump pins (2) from rear
main bearing cap if damaged.
c. CLEANING AND INSPECTION
l Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Always wear
protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and DO NOT breathe vapors.
DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat. The solvents flash
point is 100°F-138°F (38°C-59°C). If you become dizzy while using
cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help. If solvent
contacts eyes, immediately wash your eyes with water and get medical
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes should never exceed 30 psi
(207 kPa). Use only effective chip guarding and personnel protective
equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.). Failure to follow this warning
may result in serious injury to personnel.
1. Clean all components with dry cleaning solvent and dry with compressed air.
2. Inspect oil pump body (14) and cover (10) for cracks, Inspect cover for wear that would permit
oil to leak past ends of oil pump gears. If oil pump body is cracked, replace engine oil pump
(4) as an assembly. If cover is cracked or worn, replace.