3-32. ENGINE OIL PAN REPLACEMENT (Cont).
b. CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Always wear
protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO NOT
use near open flame or excessive heat. The solvents flash point is
100°F-138°F (38°C-59°C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately wash your eyes with water and get medical aid.
1. Clean oil and all RTV sealant or gasket material from mating surfaces of engine oil pan (5) and
engine (9) block with dry cleaning solvent.
Inspect engine oil pan (5) for damage. Discard engine oil pan if damaged.
If engine is out of truck, perform steps 1-5.
1. Install new engine oil pan seal (1 O) in groove at rear of engine (9) block. Apply RTV sealant to
each end of engine oil pan seal.
l If installing new engine oil pan gasket with engine oil pan (5), perform
l If applying RTV sealant or installing new engine oil pan (5), perform
step 3. -
2. Install new engine oil pan gasket on
lip of engine oil pan (5) and aline with
3. Apply a 0,19 in. (5 mm) bead of RTV
sealant (16) along engine oil pan (5)
sealing surface as shown.
4. Position engine oil pan (5) under
engine (9) block and install engine oil
pan stud (13). Install starter lead clip
(14) on engine oil pan stud with nut
transmission oil cooler line clip and 21