3-22 TORSIONAL DAMPER AND CRANKCASE COVER INSTALLATION (Cont).
Be careful not to scratch crankshaft (25) or crankcase cover (4) when
installing crankcase cover seal (7). Failure to follow this caution may result
In oil leaking.
9. Lubricate new crankcase cover seal
(7) with lubricating oil, Install new
crankcase cover seal,
Ensure that key (24) remains In
place while torsional damper (23)
is being Installed.
10. Aline torsional damper (23) with key
(24) on crankshaft (25), Using block
of wood and hammer, drive torsional
damper in far enough to start bolt
11. Apply lubricating oil to threads of bolt
(27). Install washer (26) and bolt.
Tighten bolt until torsional damper
(23) completely seats. Tighten bolt to
200 Ib.-ft. (271 N.m),
l Install right side alternator bracket if removed. (See TM 9-2320-289-20)
l Install water pump if removed. (See paragraph 3-48)
l Fill engine oil if drained. (See TM 9-2320-289-20)
l Install crankshaft pulley, (See TM 9-2320-289-20)