a. Consists of parking brake and service brakes.
(1) Parking Brake. Able to hold truck, loaded to specified Gross Vehicle Weight
Rating (GVWR), motionless on a 30% grade that is dry, hard, and free of loose
(2) Service Brakes. Hydraulically activated, power-assisted front disc and rear drum
b. The following schematic shows the major components of the system.
(1) Power Steering Pump. Supplies hydraulic power to the power booster.
(2) Power Booster. Transmits hydraulic power to the brake master cylinder.
Master Cylinder. Sends hydraulic power to both front and rear brakes, from 1 of
(4) Brake Lines. Carry hydraulic fluid from master cylinder to brake mechanisms at