Section I. GENERAL INFORMATION
a. This manual contains instructions for the performance of maintenance of CUCV Series
trucks at the unit level. Models inciuded are:
(1) M1008, Truck, Cargo, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(2) M1008A1 , Truck, Cargo, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(3) M1009, Truck, Utility, Tactical, ¾ Ton, 4x4
(4) M1010, Truck, Ambulance, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(5) M1028, Truck, Shelter Carrier, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(6) M1028A1, Truck, Shelter Carrier w/PTO, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(7) M1028A2, Truck, Shelter Carrier w/PTO, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(8) M1028A3, Truck, Sheller Carrier, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
(9) M1031, Truck, Chassis, Tactical, 1¼ Ton, 4x4
b. Other manuals which may be referred to should be considered a part of this manual.
MAINTENANCE FORMS AND RECORDS
Department of the Army forms and procedures used for equipment maintenance will be
those prescribed by DA Pam 738-750, The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
DESTRUCTION OF ARMY MATERIEL TO PREVENT ENEMY USE.
Procedures outlined in TM 750-244-6 (Procedures for Destruction of Tank-Automotive
Equipment to Prevent Enemy Use) are applicable to these trucks.
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT.
For information on storage or shipment of these trucks, see Chapter 12.
OFFICIAL NOMENCLATURE, NAMES, AND DESIGNATIONS.
The nomenclature, names, and designations used in this manual are consistent with official
usage. All hardware, assemblies, and subassemblies are named according to the nomenclature used
in TM 9-2320-289-20P.
REPORTING EQUIPMENT IMPROVEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS (EIRs).
If your CUCV Series truck needs improvement, let us know. Send us an EIR. You, the user,
are the only one who can tell us what you dont like about your equipment. Let us know why you dont