17-30. TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY FROM SUBASSEMBLIES (4L80-E) (Cont'd)
b. Center Support Assembly
1. Install thrust washer (2) and center support (1) in gear unit (3).
2. Install gear unit installer/remover and slide hammer to hold assembly together.
c. Gear Unit Assembly
1. Install selective thrust washer (5) in transmission case (6), with smooth side of thrust washer (5)
2. Position rear band (4) on transmission case (6) with flat end in notch and tab aligned with servo
Do not confuse center support spacer (0.040 in. (1.016 mm) thick
and both sides flat) with either center support snapring (beveled
on one side) or intermediate clutch backing plate snapring
(0.093 in. (2.362 mm) thick and both sides flat).
3. Install center support spacer (11) on fourth snapring groove (12) in transmission case (6) and
position spacer gap at nine o'clock position.
4. Coat thrust washer (10) with petrolatum and install over output shaft (9) onto gear unit (3) ensuring
four tabs align with holes on gear unit (3).
5. Align bolt hole (8) in center support (1) with bolt hole in transmission case (6).