Figure 25-10. Blackout Marker Lights.
the one-inch wide, angled, flat and recessed surface of the
A design difference between the 1976
grille directly above the headlight.
and 1977 model grilles necessitates dif-
(11) Using bracket as a template, mark mounting
holes (make sure holes used for marking are not the light
(12) The hole for the connector is centered between
(8) 0n a 1976model, the marker lights will be
the mounting holes. Drill grille mounting holes 3/16" di-
mounted in the horizontal indentation directly above the
ameter and the connector clearance hole 3/4" diameter.
(13) Fasten marker light to bracket using two
grille as indicated so that hole locations can be marked with
the light in a level position.
and then mount assembly to the grille using two
(9) Find center point between the two mounting
hole locations and mark for the connector hole. Drill
two MS35649-282 hex nuts.
mounting holes 3/1 6" diameter and connector holes 3/4"
diameter. Mount the lights using two MS35649-282 hex
(14) Reposition grille on the vehicle, and connect
nuts and two MS35335-31 lockwashers.
the light connectors to the main harness connectors (the
(10) Mount the front marker lights on a 1977 model
long 20 wire is connected to the right front marker light
with mounting brackets 12258213. Position bracket
with the shorter wire connected to the left front marker
12258213 in the same location as described above but on