(27) Connect wire 11 to fuse panel terminal as
(19) If vehicle is not an ambulance, snip the termi-
nal from the wire removed from contact B1 in step (17)
(28) Remove black/white wire from the turn sig-
and tape wire end securely.
nal flasher terminal and replace with wire 12 from the
(20) Insert the terminal from harness wire 6 onto
the B1 contact of the headlight/parking light switch
(29) Remove terminal from black/white wire and
(21) Remove the dark green wire from the B2 con-
tape wire end securely.
tact of the headlight/parking light switch and install in its
(30) Securely tape the terminal of wire 17 if not
place wire 15 of harness 12258215.
required and leave disconnected.
If relay R2 was required and installed
If vehicle is equipped with a spotlight,
in step (11), the green wire removed from
the light must be inoperative during black-
headlight/parking light switch contact B2
out conditions. To wire this light into the
must be connected to the 2 position of
blackout system, it is necessary to trace
the light's connection into the existing
relay R2. The brown wire from the "R'
wiring and disconnect the light at that
position of the headlight/parking light
point. If vehicle has no spotlight, pro-
switch must be removed and inserted
ceed to step (33).
into the 3 position of connector 12258202.
Two or three inches of the commercial
(31) Connect male terminal of lead 12258222 to
harness wrapping may be stripped back as
spotlight wire and tape connection securely.
necessary to facilitate the connection.
(32) Route spotlight lead along existing cab harness
(22) Insert the terminal from lead 12258218 (figure
to vehicle fuse panel and connect female lead to terminal
contact of the headlight/parking light
(33) Reinstall fuse panel.
(34) Separate bulkhead connector (located under
If relay R2 was not required, the termi-
the hood at extreme left of firewall).
nal of the dark green wire removed from
(35) Depress locking tang of receptacle 14 by
the B2 position contact of the headlight/
inserting a thin, narrow tool into groove of plastic connec-
parking light switch should be cut off and
the end of the wire taped securely. If wire
17 of harness 12258215 was not utilized,
tape the exposed terminal securely.
(23) Reinstall headlight/parking light switch by
performing the steps described in steps (7) and (8) in re-
(24) Remove the black, molded connector with
the heavy wire from the vehicle fuse panel buss.
(25) Connect this connector disconnected in step
(24) to housing 12258177 which retains wire 5 of harness
buss terminal from which the black molded connector
If the vehicle is an ambulance, it will
be necessary to trace the power lead
wire from the added ambulance fuse
panel to the vehicle fuse panel. Remove
the wire from the vehicle fuse panel
and connect its terminal with the term-
inal of wire 17 in harness 12258215.
Tape connection securely.
(26) Remove the light blue (LB) wire from the
Figure 25-6. Bulkhead Connector.
place wire 14 of harness. Remove terminal from light blue
wire and tape wire end securely.