(5) Removal of secondary blower housing Remove
secondary blower housing (8) by lifting it off the heat
Do not allow sparks or flame near work area.
(4) Disconnect fuel line at adapter.
(6) Removal of ignition control unit.
(5) Remove electrical power convertor to personnel
(a) Disconnect motor lead wire, shut off and
wires out of retaining loop on side of ignition control unit.
(6) Remove clamps securing heater to base plate.
(b) Disconnect the two ground leads from ter-
(7) Loosen clamp and bottom adapter attached to
minal head nut (16). Disconnect the two leads (14) off
of flame detector switch (9) and the one lead from the over-
(8) Loosen clamp securing exhaust tube to heater.
heat switch (21 ).
(9) Carefully remove heater with attached adapters.
(c) Remove the lead off the ignition control (lead-
ing from igniter assembly).
(10) Remove adapters
(d) Remove the three screws (19) and the ignition
control unit (18).
(1) Removal of blower assembly.
(7) Removal of flame detector switch.
(a) Release the two stud fasteners and remove the
guard assembly (1) by lifting it off the heater housing.
(a) Disconnect the five wire leads from the flame
detector switch (9) by removing screws (10).
(b) Disconnect the motor lead wire from the
(b) Unscrew the nut (37) until it clears the
flame detector switch (9).
threads and carefully remove the flame detector switch
(c) Loosen the four bayonet slot screws (3). Re-
(9) and ceramic rod (38) from the heat exchanger (32).
move the blower assembly (2) by turning the blower assem-
bly counterclockwise to free the bayonet slots.
Do not remove the compression nut (37)
and sleeve (29) from the tube of flame
After removing the blower assembly, take
detector switch unless replacement of
care to remove the grommet (36) in the
sleeve or nut is required.
housing around the blower lead wire. Tag
lead as required for identification.
(8) Removal of overheat switch Remove the over-
heat switch (21 ) by disconnecting leads at terminals Nos.
(2) Removal of fuel control valve.
9 and 30 and by removing the two screws (22).
(a) Disconnect the fuel control valve leads from
the overheat switch (21 ) and from the terminal of recep-
The overheat switch is adjusted and sealed
(b) Disconnect the fuel tube nut (13) from the
at the factory. Do not bend or twist the
outlet of the fuel control valve (6).
switch. Do not change the setting of the
(c) Remove the four screws (7) and remove the
fuel cent rol valve (6).
(9) Removal of receptacle. Disconnect the four lead
(3) Removal of igniter assembly and igniter tube.
wires and remove the four screws (34). Remove the recep-
(10) Removal of burner assembly. Remove the five
When disconnecting leads do not break
nuts (25), clamps (24), and hook-bolts (26). Lift the
leads loose from the igniter assembly.
burner assembly (23) and remove it from the heat ex-
changer housing. Remove preformed packing (27) and
(a) Disconnect the igniter leads from the ground
terminal and from the ignition control (18). Release the
(11) Removal of heater housing. Remove the screws
screws and remove the hatch cover (15).
(30). Spring the housing just enough to clear the exhaust
(b) Remove the igniter assembly (11) by twisting
tube; separate the heat exchanger (32) and remove the
it to disengage lug from slots. When the igniter is cleared,
heater housing (31).
remove it (by hand) from the igniter tube (12).
(c) Remove screw (19) and remove the igniter
tube (12) by lifting it out of its emplacement.
(4) Removal of fuel tube assembly. Remove the
fuel tube assembly (13) by releasing the compression nut
on the fuel inlet of burner (23).