Section III. REPAIR
24-6. Water Jacket Modification.
(4) Remove attaching hardware from box.
If water jacket assembly requires replacement, the new
water jacket must be modified. Use a hacksaw to remove
(5) Remove the battery box.
1/2 inch of metal from outlet closest to cover opening. Use
replaced water jacket as a guide.
(1) Position the battery box in proper location of
24-7. Winterization Coolant Hoses and Tubes.
engine compartment, and secure with attaching hardware.
Replace any cracked, swollen, or restricted hoses or
(2) Connect flexible hose to battery box.
(3) Install battery and connect battery cables.
(4) Install battery box cover.
24-8. Battery Boxes, Arctic, 12 Volt and 24 Volt.
24-9. Swingfire Heater.
(1) Remove battery box cover.
The Swingfire heater is a component of the Arctic Win-
terization Kit that is not attached to the truck. Therefore
(2) Disconnect the battery cables, and remove the
the Swingfire heater may be removed and repaired without
disassembly of any part of the truck. Figure 24-2 gives a
(3) Disconnect flexible hose from battery box.
cross section of the Swingfire heater assembly.
Quick change coupling
Control air shut-off valve
Fuel regulator knob
Fuel tank cap
Vibrator starting coil
Main fuel falter
Diaphragm air pump
Air valve (mixing chamber)
Air valve (carburetor)
Hand pump lever
Perforated mantle pipe
Starting cable connector
Figure 24-2. Swingfire Heater Components-Cutaway View.