A cylinder that does not clean up at 0.002
inch should be replaced.
the pistons and new cups
in brake fluid
(2) Install the spring in the cylinder.
(3) Install the wheel cylinder cups in each end of the
cylinder with the open end of the cups facing each other.
(4) Install the pistons.
Figure 22-11. Wheel Cylinder (Disassembled View).
(5) Install the boots.
(1) Remove the boots.
(2) Press in on the end of the cylinder and force out
both pistons, both cups, and the spring.
(1) Wash the wheel cylinder and pistons with clean
(2) Remove all dust with a cloth and clean a second
time with denatured alcohol.
the wheel cylinder and pistons with air
Make sure the bleeder screw port and
screw are clean and open.
(4) Using a hone, clean the cylinder walls.