REPAIR OF THE BRAKE SYSTEM
22-1. Master Cylinder.
a. General. The tandem master cylinder is of the com-
The master cylinder has a front and rear piston with two
outlets. The outlet holding the rear brakes contains a
residual pressure valve.
Figure 22-3. Removing Tube Seat.
(4) Slide the clamp off the cover and remove the
cover and gasket, then drain the brake fluid from the
(5) Remove the snapring from the open end of the
Figure 22-1. Tandem Master Cylinder Assembly.
(1) Clean the outside of the cylinder.
(2) Remove the residual pressure valve and spring
Figure 22-4. Removing Snapring.
(6) Slide the washer out of the cylinder.
(7) Remove the front piston retaining screw and
Figure 22-2. Removing Residual Pressure Valve and Spring.
(3) Remove the tube seats by placing an "Easy Out"
into the seats. Loosen and remove the seats using a ham-