81. Oil pump "O" ring seal
89. Rear output yoke
85. Rear output shaft housing
82. Differential housing gasket
90. Rear output shaft rubber seal
86. Shim pack
83. Differential housing
87. Rear output rear bearing
84. "O" ring, differential housing to
92. Flange nut
88. Rear output shaft seal
rear out put shaft housing
Figure 17-9. Transfer Assembly.
Figure 17-11. Removing Lockring.
Figure 17-10. Removing Input Shaft Bearing Retainer.
(3) Clean and inspect all components. Replace worn
or defective parts.
d. Disassembling the Differential Housing Assembly.
(1) Remove the speedometer driven gear from the
(2) Remove the yoke nut and washer (if not removed
during disassembly). Remove the yoke.
(3) Tap the yoke end of the shaft with a soft hammer
and remove the shaft from the housing. Remove the speed-
ometer drive gear from the shaft. If it is not on the shaft,
refer to step 5.
(4) Remove six capscrews and separate the rear output
housing from the differential housing.
(5) Remove the shim pack from the rear face of the
rear bearing. Also, remove the speedometer drive gear from
Figure 17-12. Pressing Rear Output Shaft Rear Bearing
the housing if it was not already removed with the rear out-
Out of Retainer.
put shaft. (Sometimes the shim pack and the speedometer
drive gear will stay on the output shaft when it is removed.)
(8) Using a brass drift, remove the bearing from the
(6) With a screwdriver or other suitable tool, pry the
seal out of the housing.
(7) Tap or press the bearing from the output housing