(1) Press the bearing housing onto the shaft, using
(11) Connect one, 8 cavity connector and one 2 cavity
connector (figure 10-2. 1).
(12) Install the 18 gage orange wire from the automatic
(2) Install the three screws which hold the bearing
housing to the lock housing.
transmission indicator light to No. 8 cavity (figure 10-2.1).
(13) Install harness cover at the steering column.
(3) Install the snap ring at the upper end of the
(14) Reassemble the steering column (e, below).
(4) Position the lamp assembly and attach the two
d. Replacing the Cylinder lock Housing. Replace the
housing if it is badly worn.
(5) Position the turn signal lever and the retainer and
(1) Remove the ignition switch (c, above).
attach with the upper bearing retainer screws.
(2) Remove the four lock-housing-to-column jacket
(3) Pull the housing outward from the steering
(7) Install the gear selector lever and spring in the
housing. Attach with the gear selector lever pin.
(4) Install the housing in the steering column and secure
with four lock housing to column jacket retaining screws
(8) Install the steering wheel (see TM 9-2320-
(5) Install the ignition switch (c, above).
e. Reassembling the Steering Colunm.