(5) Position the seal on the retainer bore. Using a
d. Front Output Shaft Rear Bearing. The following
hammer and drift, install the seal in the retainer (figure
procedure may be accomplished without removing the
(1) Remove the rear cover from the transfer case.
Remove the gasket and discard it.
(2) Support the rear cover and press the bearing from
(3) Position the new bearing to the outside face of
the cover and, using a piece of wood to cover the bearing,
press the bearing into the cover until it is flush with the
(4) Position the gasket and cover on the transfer case
and tap them into place.
(5) Install the retaining bolts and tighten them to 20
Figure 5-5. Pressing In the Front Output Shaft Seal.