Figure 4-1. Load 1-external air transport of the M561 without lockout truss
kit, using 15,000-pound-capacity multileg ( chainleg) sling set.
4-9. Load 2-External Air Transport of the M561 With
(4) One 3-foot, 3-loop aerial delivery cargo
Lockout Truss Kit, Using 15,000-Pound-Capacity
sling (FSN 1670-753-3788).
(5) One Type-IV link assembly (FSN
(1) Two men can rig the load in 20 minutes.
way as load 1.
(2) Two men can derig the load in 10
4-10. Load 3-External Air Transport of the M561
c. Rigging Procedures.
Without Lockout Truss Kit, Using Aerial Delivery
(1) Attach one 12-foot sling to each of the
lifting points of the vehicle by using a choker hitch.
(2) Twist all sling legs one turn per 3 feet of
(1) Two-inch pressure-sensitive tape (FSN
sling, and attach the free ends of each 12-foot sling to
8135-558-5016), as required.
the 3-foot sling.
(2) 550-pound-capacity nylon cord, natural,
(3) Connect the free ends of the 3-foot sling
Type-III (FSN 4020-240-2146), as required.
with a Type-IV link to form a ring for attachment to the
(3) Four 12-foot, 3-loop aerial delivery cargo
slings (FSN 1670-823-5041).
(4) Cluster and tape sling legs (breakaway
technique) to prevent fouling during lift-off.