Install screw, washer, and 120214 lockwasher on left splash shield and airlift bracket as
Install screw, three washers, and M45913/4-5CG8Z nut on left splash shield and airlift
Install left splash shield on master cylinder bracket with two washers, screw, and
Install left splash shield on support bracket with two washers, screw, and M45913/4-5CG8Z
Install left splash shield on plate with four washers, 120423 lockwashers, and screws as
Install fuel filter drain valve on left splash shield with nut as shown in figure 3.
Install access cover on left splash shield with three existing washers and screws as shown in
Install hood prop rod and bracket on left splash shield and airlift bracket with four 120380
(10) Install existing clamp on hose to hydraulic control valve and secure to speedometer cable
support brace with existing screw, washer, and M45913/4-4CG8Z nut as shown in
(11) Install existing clamps on hose to hydraulic control valve and hose (12469499) and secure with
existing screw, washer, and M4591314-4CG8Z nut as shown in figure 24.
(12) Connect battery ground cables. (Refer to TM 9-2320-387-24.)
(13) Fill power steering reservoir, start engine, and check for leaks.
(14) Turn wheels all the way to the left and stop engine.
(15) Fill power steering reservoir to full cold level on cap. Leave cap off.
(16) Raise front wheels off ground.
(17) Turn steering wheel left and right, holding wheels at steering stops for five seconds, for at
least forty times.
Power steering fluid must be free of bubbles and foam. If bubbles or foam
are noted, it could be an indication of a loose connection or leaky O-ring.
Fluid with air in it will have a milky appearance. Air must be
eliminated from system before normal steering action can be obtained.
(18) Check power steering reservoir level. If any bubbles are seen, repeat step 17.
(19) Start engine and with engine idling, add power steering fluid if necessary. Install cap on
(20) Turn wheels to center, shut off engine, and lower front wheels to ground.
(21) Start engine and run engine for two or three minutes, turning wheels left and right.
(22) Check for leaks.
(23) Install rear brake protection guards. (Refer to TM 9-2320-387-24.)
(24) Install rear propeller shaft. (Refer to TM 9-2320-387-24.)