Remove four screws, lockwashers, hood prop rod, and bracket from left splash shield and
airlift bracket as shown in figure 1. Discard lockwashers.
Remove three screws, washers, and access cover from left splash shield as shown in figure 2.
Perform steps 9 through 14 for M1113 and steps 8 through 11
and 14 for M1114.
Remove nut and fuel filter drain valve from left splash shield as shown in figure 3.
Remove four screws, washers, and lockwashers from plate and left splash shield as shown in
(10) Remove nut, two washers, and screw from support bracket and left splash shield as shown in
(11) Remove nut, two washers, and screw from master cylinder bracket and left splash shield as
(12) Remove nut, three washers, and screw from left splash shield and airlift bracket as shown in
(13) Remove screw, washer, and lockwasher from left splash shield and airlift bracket as shown in
(14) Remove nut, screw, clamp, and harness from left splash shield as shown in figure 2. Discard
nut and remove left splash shield from vehicle.
Left Splash Shield Modification.
Use 12469456 manifold valve as a template to ensure two holes
align with marks on left splash shield prior to drilling.
Locate, mark, and drill two 0.281-inch diameter holes in left splash shield as shown in figure 4.
Tunnel Support Braces Modification.
Locate, mark, and drill three 0.201-inch diameter holes (#7 drill bit) in tunnel support braces as
Using 0.250-20 UNC standard tap, thread hole drilled in step 1 in front tunnel support brace as
d. Rear Differential Cooler Cover Installation.
Ensure all debris from around rear differential cover is removed to
prevent debris from contaminating rear differential and causing
Remove twelve screws and cover from rear differential as shown in figure 6.
Drycleaning solvent is flammable and will not be used near an open
flame. A fire extinguisher will be kept nearby when the solvent is
used. Use only in well-ventilated places. Failure to do this may
result in injury to personnel or damage to equipment.