14. RECORDING AND REPORTING OF THE MODIFICATION.
a. Records and Reports. The organization responsible for MWO application will report application
information as follows:
(1) Reporting will be accomplished by electronic means. MWO application information can be input
directly into the Modification Management Information System (MMIS) over the internet. If
internet is not available, recording will be on a 3.5-inch disk, which will be mailed to the MMIS
administrator. Entry into the MMIS system is password protected. New users can register on-line
at http://22.214.171.124/mwo. Passwords are normally approved and issued within 48 hours.
(2) Submission will be comprised of the nine (9) data elements listed in the table below. Elements
1,2,4,6,7,8, and 9 are given for this MWO (as shown). The person reporting the MWO data, will
acquire the remaining elements (3 and 5), and input all nine into MMIS.
Material Change Number (MCN)
Unit Identification Code (UIC) @ Battalion Level
NSN of End Item
USA Registration Number
Date of Application
Hours required for Application.
For off-line reporting, the 3.5-inch disk shall be mailed to the following address:
Warren, MI 48397-5000
b. Marking Equipment.
(1) After Crossmember Reinforcement Modification Kit is installed, mark MWO under "9-2320-280-
20-7" in the MWO Applied block and date applied in Date block on 10930014 MWO instruction
Do not remove any existing MWO instruction plates affixed to
the reinforcement panel.
(2) Install MWO instruction plate 10930014 by drilling a 0.104-inch diameter hole (#37 drill bit)
within designated area on left side body reinforcement panel and secure with MS21318-20 drive
(3) After drive screw is installed, flatten or remove protruding excess drive screw material from
inside of side body reinforcement panel.
15. MATERIAL CHANGE (MC) NUMBER.
This MWO is authorized by (MC) number 1-00-06-0008.
16. MODIFICATION IDENTIFICATION.
a. When installed correctly, the Crossmember Reinforcement Modification Kit will appear as shown in
b. After the Crossmember Reinforcement Modification Kit is installed, the tow pintle support should be
inspected for secure mounting. Any faults detected, or discrepancies noted, will be corrected before the vehicle
is returned to normal service
c. After the vehicle is modified it will be "AUTHORIZED TO TOW TRAILERS WITH MAX GROSS
WEIGHT OF 3,400 LB (1,544 KG)".